Letter to the Editor: Reply to McClintock’s opinion on health care
November 27, 2013
Rep. Tom McClintock's hyperbole about the collapse of the health care system is premature and unacceptable.
We are not losing health care, we are expanding it.
The so-called Republican "comprehensive alternative" represents nothing more than a hands off approach that caters to the 1 percent, insurance companies and the privileged while ignoring the need for affordable care for the majority of citizens.
It would represent a death knell for economic justice and any notion that as a people we are working for a more perfect union.
Also, the shutdown had nothing to do with Obamacare. It was a delaying tactic brought on by obstinate, partisan representatives like McClintock who refuse to work with the opposite party to govern.
The partisan deadlock should weigh heavily on McClintock's shoulders. He is no profile in courage, as he is unwilling to solve the big issues facing the country.
Recommended Stories For You
Like a bully, he simply takes advantage and pounces when the opposition shows a weakness.
Trending In: Opinion
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood