Letter to the Editor: Resorting to ‘dirty politics’
October 24, 2008
My husband and I are very surprised and disturbed by the smear campaign being waged by Bruce Kranz against Jennifer Montgomery. The “Friends of Bruce Kranz” have mailed an outrageous poster to voters that mentions a lot of distorted information and takes her comments out of context. For instance, a contribution that she made to another candidate several years ago is imputed to mean that his beliefs (again distorted by the poster) are Montgomery’s beliefs. This is not logical.
Obviously, Kranz feels he must resort to “dirty politics” in a desperate attempt to bring him up from a losing position.
Montgomery is a sharp woman (Phi Beta Kappa from Mills College in Oakland) and listens to the concerns of the community. She would be a breath of fresh air to the Placer County Board of Supervisors.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall