Letter to the Editor: Safety first at Cedar Flat
July 14, 2014
The Cedar Flat Improvement Association, commonly known as Cedar Flat, is located between Tahoe City and Carnelian Bay and, since 1965, has enjoyed a beautiful pier and beach at its Members Only lakefront recreation lot.
Over the years our gated lakefront property has been subject to increased trespassing by uninvited, non-members who trespass onto the lot from Highway 28 or come in by boat.
Most recently the association has experienced quite a few incidents involving groups of uninvited, non-member young people roaming our property and jumping from our pier. The association's posted rules are specific regarding trespassing as well as no jumping or diving from the pier.
With the safety of its members in mind, the Association has recently hired an ID checker/gatekeeper for our Members Only property. Through the cooperation of the Placer County Sheriff's Office, if you are uninvited and caught trespassing at the Cedar Flat lakefront recreation area, you will be cited.
Please respect our property. Don't trespass.
Recommended Stories For You
President, Board of Directors
Cedar Flat Improvement Association
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat