Letter to the editor: School measures invest in our future
November 18, 2014
After hearing all of this controversy about Measure E and U, I have come up with an opinion of my own.
Being a student of four years at Truckee High School, I have seen the flips, the flops and all the mishaps that the schools old, beaten structure has to offer. The walls, ceilings and lockers are falling apart. The school always has the smell of old dust. I feel upcoming kids deserve a chance to experience learning in an upgraded, up-to-date school.
The Measure U tax rate is $48.25 per $100,000 of assessed property tax. My parents, being home-owners in Truckee, would only have to pay $360 annually and the price varies for everyone.
I think that's worth kids having a new place to learn and grow. Kids are the future, and our future, so we might as well give them all the help we can while we can.
Senior, Truckee High School
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP