Letter to the editor: Seeking family members of former mill workers
November 21, 2017
Our company is currently working with the Tahoe National Forest on a research project about the old Lewis Mill (also known as the Lewis Brothers' Mill or Lewis and Peck Mill) located south of Loyalton along Smithneck Creek. The mill began operations in 1886 and ran into the early 1900s.
We would be interested in talking to anyone who had a family member who worked at the mill and are particularly interested in finding photos of the operation that we could reproduced for use in a technical report, a public document, and on a roadside sign. If you have photos or information about the mill, please contact me at SharonW@farwestern.comor 530-304-4110.
Far Western Anthropological Research Group
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges