Letter to the Editor: Sigh. Thanks for the snow …
December 24, 2008
With a collective sigh of relief, and, wiping off the brow of sweat, everybody overnight is as happy as a powder skier with only his head sticking out. (Well, not quite powder),
But enough for the resorts and merchants dancing for joy. Who would have ever thought “back in the day,” when 2 feet of snow would generate all this excitement and relief.
We haven’t had “The Real Deal” in years, when everybody was open before Thanksgiving. It was a downer when we got “only” 2 feet of snow, but we will take what we can get.
Of course, whenever we are blessed by the snow gods, the next spring shows half of the new residents bailing out and running for the soccer fields. Anyone that has been around here for awhile (myself, 31 years), knows what real snow is! Anyone?
Well, sail on everybody. Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP