Letter to the Editor: So much for the secret ballot
November 6, 2008
We voted at the North Woods club house in Tahoe Donner. This year they had combined two voting places in one room. It was very noisy and crowded.
The workers said this was the worst they had ever seen it. We were handed a ballot and a cardboard folder to put it in to keep it secret. After voting we tried to put the ballot in the cardboard holder. It would not fit. The top stuck out so you could see who we voted for, the top two candidates showed.
We went to put our ballots in to the ballot box. The lady said the two sections of the ballot had to be separated. She took the ballot out of the cardboard folder tearing off the strip at the bottom of the ballot to separate the two sections, showing how we voted.
Then she put the ballot sections into the machine. This was probably the most messed up voting that I have done in my 60 years voting experience.
Trending In: Opinion
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)