Letter to the editor: Support for Bateson in Congressional District 4 race
February 23, 2018
Three women are running for Congress in our district, which is CD4, currently represented by Tom McClintock. He lives in Elk Grove and isn't allowed to vote for himself. I don't remember who his representative is.
If people missed the debate between the three women (it was a packed house), it can be seen at TTCTV.org (Tahoe Truckee Cable Television).
One of the women I support more than the others is Regina Bateson.
She is the one of the three that I think would represent me the best, and our district. She taught Political Science at MIT, for me that is enough.
Now I know others would argue that she may be too qualified. She isn't "one of the people." But she is.
She grew up in Roseville just like any other kid should. She worked hard and got her diplomas, and worked for the state department in Guatemala as an interpreter and more.
Recommended Stories For You
People should know who the candidates are who want to represent them in Congress.
Her website is Bateson4Congress.com
Peter van Peborgh
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges