Letter to the editor: Thank you to the Rotary Club for generous donation
May 31, 2017
The Wellness Neighborhood of Tahoe Forest Hospital and the Truckee North Tahoe Dental Coalition would like to thank the Rotary Club of Truckee for their generous donation of $500 to purchase dental kits for local school children.
Every student at Truckee Elementary Preschool received a dental kit, which contained a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, 2-minute timer, sticker and a Brush, Floss, Smile bracelet.
The dental kits were part of a three-part dental education and screening intervention that included a parent education night, classroom education with a Registered Dental Hygienist, and a dental screening with protective fluoride varnish application.
The Dental Coalition is hoping to grow this program to reach more youths next school year. If you would like information about the Dental Coalition, or are interested in volunteering with future dental health events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-582-7445.
Thank you Truckee Rotary for supporting youth dental health!
Recommended Stories For You
Population Health Analyst
Tahoe Forest Hospital District
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra