Letter to the Editor: The kids lose with new parade rules
July 17, 2013
Renegade Fire Department would like to say thanks and good-bye to all the kids and parents who shared in all the fun we had over the last 20 years.
My family and friends, and the hundreds of kids who rode on the truck, really enjoyed the parade — it was part of our life. We loved to hand out water balloons and candy to the kids, spray water in the sky and have fun with the crowd.
However, officials in Truckee have deemed all these activities illegal and have ordered us to stop. Sorry, kids and fun lovers — no water balloons, no candy, no spraying in the air, no crowd participation, no fun allowed. The politically correct have destroyed another American tradition.
So, a big thank-you to all the town officials, our new police chief, the chamber of commerce, and all of you who played a part in getting rid of Renegade Fire Dept. You win — the kids lose.
Aren't you proud?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- BREAKING NEWS: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store