Letter to the Editor: Trail letter was absurd
December 3, 2009
Re: and#8220;Build Trails Responsibly,and#8221; Sierra Sun, Dec. 2.
This was a really nice, well-built trail that was appreciated by many in the neighborhood, including a few mountain bikers perhaps, but mostly hikers. The warning sign placed at the dam by the rangers noted potential erosion and archaeological damage by the building of such unauthorized trails.
This trail was a significant threat to neither; however, the wholesale destruction left behind by the rangers’ eradication effort obviously wasn’t concerned with the sensitivity of anything natural or historical.
The whole thing is absurd! This is just another example of government busy bodies wasting taxpayer dollars flexing their authoritative muscles without intelligent regard for the original intent of the law.
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure