Letter to the Editor: True to his conscience
October 24, 2008
I would like to state clearly that incumbent Bruce Kranz is the superior choice for District 5 supervisor. He understands the high priority of fire safety and pushed through a defensible space ordinance that will make our area safer. He responded to the need for hi-speed Internet services locally and helped make it happen.
He also was the only supervisor to read the EIS/EIR on the Kings Beach Commercial Core Project and reserved his decision after hearing testimony from the community and public safety agencies. We did not know how Bruce was going to vote until the TRPA Board voted to reject the lane reduction. In spite of angry special interests Bruce wrote a detailed article explaining his rationale. He remains true to his conscience, a unique quality of leadership today.
Trending In: Opinion
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Why should we care about America’s homeless problem?
- Law Review: New laws for 2019 (Round 1)
- Law Review: Heavenly Resort liable for runaway rescue sled?
- North Lake Tahoe Historical Society names Marguerite Sprague as executive director