Letter to the Editor: True to his conscience
October 24, 2008
I would like to state clearly that incumbent Bruce Kranz is the superior choice for District 5 supervisor. He understands the high priority of fire safety and pushed through a defensible space ordinance that will make our area safer. He responded to the need for hi-speed Internet services locally and helped make it happen.
He also was the only supervisor to read the EIS/EIR on the Kings Beach Commercial Core Project and reserved his decision after hearing testimony from the community and public safety agencies. We did not know how Bruce was going to vote until the TRPA Board voted to reject the lane reduction. In spite of angry special interests Bruce wrote a detailed article explaining his rationale. He remains true to his conscience, a unique quality of leadership today.
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra