Letter to the editor: ‘Trumpcare’ bill fails Americans
July 18, 2017
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is important to me because it not only covers my pre-existing condition (asthma), it emphasizes health through prevention and education.
According to the Congressional Budget Office, the Senate's "Trumpcare" bill will kick 22 million people — 15 million by next year — off health insurance.
Trumpcare will decimate Medicaid for nearly 40 million women and 50 percent of newborns. Trumpcare phases out health care funding for poor people, while giving more than one-half trillion dollars in tax cuts to corporations and the wealthy.
This is a moral issue: this bill goes against all we stand for as Americans. Senators Dean Heller and Cortez Masto must vote "no."
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges