Letter to the Editor: Vote for Coolidge for NTPUD board
October 11, 2014
When will our North Tahoe Public Utility District lead this community? When will the district's board of directors demonstrate a commitment to Parks and Recreation?
1. Why, after so many years, has there been no progress on a bike path between Tahoe Vista and Tahoe City?
2. Why did the district lose its responsibility to maintain the state beach in Kings Beach?
3. Why did the district rebuild the Tahoe Vista boat launch then develop additional parking and visitor amenities across the street for visitor use and now does not have a plan nor funding to either dredge the launch or extend the pier to provide an accessible launch point?
4. Why did they refuse to allow the water shuttle to stop at the Tahoe Vista recreation area, providing visitor access?
5. Why hasn't the board figured out a way to make the event center profitable after many, many years of acknowledged poor financial performance?
Recommended Stories For You
6. Why didn't the community see a plan to extend the Kings Beach pier and install a beach boardwalk?
Why does the district not have productive working relationships with the regulatory and funding entities in the region?
When will this community hold this NTPUD Board accountable to lead? When will this board and staff truly demonstrate commitment to collaboration?
When does this community take a closer look at this board's track record on policy? Why hasn't this board changed its election policy to be open, at large instead of the current method that favors incumbency? How long should board members serve?
As a rate payer, a resident and a local business owner, I want answers to these questions, and Sarah Coolidge has promised me answers.
That is why I am voting for Sarah for the NTPUD Board.
Trending In: Opinion
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl