Letter to the Editor: Vote Tice-Raskin for Superior Court Judge
May 20, 2014
When it comes to Judicial candidates, most voters are either not interested or in the dark. Many do not realize that in California judges may be elected. So how do you evaluate which candidate deserves your vote? I would encourage Truckee voters to look at each candidate's qualifications, endorsements, and especially his or her experience.
In this year's election for an open seat on the Nevada County Superior Court there is one candidate who clearly stands out among all the rest: Rob Tice-Raskin. Rob has the breadth of experience necessary to perform the job well and has the appropriate judicial temperament to see that all litigants are treated fairly and respectfully in accordance with the law.
He is endorsed by a large number of sitting judges in Nevada County and surrounding counties, as well as by respected justices recently retired from the Court of Appeal. Those endorsements mean that Rob knows what he's doing and will be well suited to perform the duties of judge.
Check him out at http://www.ticeraskinforjudge.com.
James E. Simon
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work