Letter to the Editor: Vote Wilkins for TCPUD board
October 24, 2014
I have known Dan Wilkins for many years and think he has done a great job for us as a Director at TCPUD. Dan is thoughtful and approaches the job with a mixture of good listening skills and professional competence that serves us well. Dan was instrumental in saving the Tahoe City Golf Course from subdivision for mega-mansions and supporting its improved public access for summer and winter activities.
He has helped steer the TCPUD through difficult financial times without gutting important recreation programs and still making the infrastructure improvements we need for water and sewer service. Directing a public utility is a complex job and Dan has the insight, experience, and community commitment to do it right.
Sue Rae Irelan
Trending In: Opinion
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short