Letter to the Editor: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure E
October 11, 2014
I get a very clear message from listening to parents, teachers, and others in the community that the TTUSD is doing an extraordinary job with our students, and with our tax dollars.
Over the past several years, the TTUSD Board has made significant investments in management, staff, and programs. Positive results are already appearing in student achievement and attendance. The Board recently conducted an exhaustive and very public process to develop a
Facilities Master Plan which is critical to securing funding from the state or other sources.
This isn't about a wish list of new "stuff." It's about reconstructing buildings and spaces that are beyond their useful lives. It's about removing barriers to learning at the pace, and with the quality we all want for our kids.
It's about investing in infrastructure that gets attention from families who are looking to make a move here.
It's about building and rebuilding a community.
Recommended Stories For You
With the right leadership in place at the TTUSD, now is the time for our community to step in and make the investment in new school facilities. I say let's do it.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)