Letter to the Editor: Vote yes on Measures U and E
October 21, 2014
I urge our community to vote Yes on Measure E on Nov. 4.
I am a 35-year resident of North Lake Tahoe and have four children who have attended our local, lakeside schools. Because of past community financial support of our schools, my students received the kind of education that allowed each of them to pursue their dreams.
I am also a recently retired special education teacher with over 30 years of service with TTUSD. I have worked at Tahoe Lake, Kings Beach, Rideout, North Tahoe and North Tahoe High schools.
I know first hand the condition of those facilities. I can assure you that our elementary schools are badly in need of repair and update. Improving technology and science labs, technical education, performing arts, and physical education facilities will help our students to achieve their potential.
I believe a school environment that is safe and up-to-date positively influences the learning climate for students. Let's give our current and future students the best possible educational opportunities we can.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl