Letter to the Editor: Vote yes on Measures U and E
October 21, 2014
I urge our community to vote Yes on Measure E on Nov. 4.
I am a 35-year resident of North Lake Tahoe and have four children who have attended our local, lakeside schools. Because of past community financial support of our schools, my students received the kind of education that allowed each of them to pursue their dreams.
I am also a recently retired special education teacher with over 30 years of service with TTUSD. I have worked at Tahoe Lake, Kings Beach, Rideout, North Tahoe and North Tahoe High schools.
I know first hand the condition of those facilities. I can assure you that our elementary schools are badly in need of repair and update. Improving technology and science labs, technical education, performing arts, and physical education facilities will help our students to achieve their potential.
I believe a school environment that is safe and up-to-date positively influences the learning climate for students. Let's give our current and future students the best possible educational opportunities we can.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener