Letter to the Editor: Voting is a responsibility
March 26, 2014
Kevin MacMillan's March 20 opinion column, "Why I exercise my right not to vote,"was upsetting. He prided himself as never having voted on anything in the past 12 years.
He said "…I don't vote I because I simply do not like politics." Who does really likes politics? I don't trust most politicians either, but I try to do the right thing by voting for the politicians who claim to represent the positions I agree with.
I see voting as a responsibility, not something one can duck claiming journalism ethics by stating "A reporter or editor must be objective. Straight up." I agree, but what does that have to do with a journalist's privacy in the voting booth?
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges