Letter to the Editor: Voting is a responsibility
March 26, 2014
Kevin MacMillan's March 20 opinion column, "Why I exercise my right not to vote,"was upsetting. He prided himself as never having voted on anything in the past 12 years.
He said "…I don't vote I because I simply do not like politics." Who does really likes politics? I don't trust most politicians either, but I try to do the right thing by voting for the politicians who claim to represent the positions I agree with.
I see voting as a responsibility, not something one can duck claiming journalism ethics by stating "A reporter or editor must be objective. Straight up." I agree, but what does that have to do with a journalist's privacy in the voting booth?
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show