Letter to the Editor: Why is IVGID subsidizing electric car owners?
May 28, 2014
I am surprised and disappointed that IVGID is using our recreation fees to subsidize people that chose to buy an electric car.
We are not only providing $20,000 as matching funds to buy and install the charging stations, and apparently paying for the electricity, but have provided the two best parking spaces at the driving range.
Why would IVGID do this? Does it benefit the whole community? Is it a legitimate recreation expense? Or does it fall under water and sewer?
Maybe I am misinformed but that is what I learned from the recent Bonanza article.
The article claims that Charge Point, the private company gaining from this business, has someone plugging in every 10 seconds.
I have yet to see anyone plugged in at the Chateau. I hope the Bonanza will publish data once statistics are available.
Recommended Stories For You
Maybe it makes some of the staff and trustees feel better — the same staff and trustees who want to modify Ordinance 7 to provide resident recreation privileges to acquaintances of parcel owners without regard to any family tree relationship; basically for anyone, but especially for non-conventional families?
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges