Letter to the Editor: Your tax dollars are being spent on what?
December 1, 2009
Life as an American can be an interesting endeavor. At this current time, in our land of the free, I am being taken to court by Placer County because I have three hens in my back yard.
It all started about year-and-a-half ago when I read information on how healthy eggs from home raised hens are compared to store bought eggs. I thought for a moment that I should have the right to have a pet and at the same time raise some of my own food and try to stay healthy.
Just think, if everyone had the right to be healthy we might not need a government run health care plan. So what does the Placer County code allow me to keep? I can keep 300 canaries, 80 doves and quail, 48 class one parrots, 20 class two parrots, four dogs or four cats. Wow, just think that the county thinks that three hens are more dangerous and more obtrusive than this list of animals.
If you think that using tax payer’s money to take a person to court because they have three hens is wrong then please write a letter to the Placer County Board of Supervisors and let them know: 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
If you like your tax dollars spent to control what food you can eat and take the three outlaw hens to court instead of fixing your roads you can let them know that as well.
Trending In: Opinion
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)