Meeks Bay low-cost community flu clinic
October 12, 2011
TAHOE, Calif. and#8212; The El Dorado County Health Services Department, Public Health Division and Meeks Bay Fire Protection District will host a low-cost community flu clinic for Meeks Bay/Tahoma area residents Oct. 20, 4-6:30 p.m. at the Meeks Bay Fire District Station 61, 8041 Emerald Bay Road. The vaccine to protect against seasonal influenza will be offered at the flu clinic. The cost of the flu vaccine is $10, but the fee will be waived if an individual cannot pay.
and#8220;It is recommended that everyone get vaccinated against the flu annually,and#8221; said El Dorado County Immunization Coordinator Cathy Dunbar. and#8220;High risk individuals are especially encouraged to be vaccinated. High risk people include those over age 60, individuals with chronic health conditions, residents of nursing homes, pregnant women, parents of children under six months of age, children 6 months to 4 years of age, health care workers and caregivers. But anyone who wishes to be protected against the flu should be vaccinated as well. In addition to the flu shot, we are pleased to be able to offer nasal mist at our clinics for healthy people ages 2 through 49 who are not pregnant.and#8221;
Standard Medicare Part B will be billed for people age 65 and older; Medicare HMOs and other insurance cannot be billed. Seniors must bring their Medicare card to the clinic for billing purposes and parents should bring their childand#8217;s immunization record. The Tdap (whooping cough) booster shot and pneumonia vaccine will also be available at the clinics for $10 per shot.
People who are severely allergic to eggs or egg products, and infants younger than 6 months of age should not get the flu vaccine. Individuals should check with their healthcare provider if they are unsure whether they should receive any particular vaccination.
Updated information about the community flu clinics, including dates and locations of additional flu clinics in El Dorado County, can be found online at http://www.edcgov.us/publichealth or at the County Flu Hotline at 530-621-6188.
and#8212; Submitted to email@example.com
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)