Mitigating mousehole migraines
February 27, 2003
We’ve all done it.
Driving through the appropriately named mousehole at the junction of Highway 89 and the railroad tracks, we’ve all felt that shudder of fear trying to squeeze through with a vehicle on one side and a pedestrian or cyclist on the other.
As traffic increases through the Truckee Tahoe area, the mousehole issue is in dire need of attention, and it is promising that Truckee is taking it on where other out-of-area agencies won’t.
Hopefully with a little penny pinching planning and efficient engineering, the mousehole problem will be fixed and we can finally exhale with the knowledge that we won’t run someone over, or get in a head-on collision.
Kudos to Truckee.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City