Mommy and Me is back in Truckee! Former ‘mommy’ takes over popular program from teacher Chris Miller
October 26, 2010
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Mommy and Me is a parent-participation program for children 2-3 years of age, developed more than 20 years ago by teacher Chris Miller Arth (The Chris show, Channel 6, Baby and Me). Over the years, Miller touched the lives of hundreds of children and parents. Her program includes songs, circle time, puppets, fingerplays, arts, snacks, pertinent parent discussions, a lot of smiles and much more.
For many years, parents would “camp out” on Recreation Center’s front steps to nab a slot in the sought after class.
Chris retired several years ago and now Mommy and Me is back. Chris has graciously passed the puppet baton to Mommy and Me veteran Rose Weskamp. “I feel very honored and flattered that she allowed me to continue what she began and allowed me to use the Mommy and Me name,” said Weskamp.
Rose camped out many hours, more than once, and also graduated with her daughter, Deanna, from Chris’ Baby and Me class. Rose has been actively involved with local organizations including Truckee Family Club, KidZone, Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevadas, AYSO, Girls on the Run and volunteers for the Humane Society and in her daughter’s classroom. Rose will follow the tried and true curriculum which has enriched the lives of so many Truckee children. Classes are forming now and will meet at the Truckee Community Recreation Center soon.
– Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show