North Shore sheriff’s reports
August 24, 2006
The following reports are collected from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office from Aug. 16 to Aug. 23.
– A person returned to his dog, who was chained on the 700 block of Chipmunk Avenue in Kings Beach, and found the chain had been cut. A similar incident occurred a month ago, according to the reporting party. No arrest was made.
– A suspect stole a person’s boat and outboard motor left on the shoreline on the 6600 block of North Lake Boulevard. The loss was calculated at $3,049. No arrest was made.
Recommended Stories For You
– On the 8500 block of Dolly Varden Avenue an unknown suspect stole $500 worth of property from an unlocked car. Approximately $75 of the property was discovered by a sheriff’s deputy near Bear and Cutthroat Avenue. That property was returned to the victim.
– On the 8700 block of Rainbow Avenue, during a probation search, a sheriff deputy reportedly found an amount of suspected cocaine on a man after he agreed to be searched. The substance tested positive for cocaine in a preliminary test. The man was arrested.
– On the 8300 block of Steelhead Avenue The Family Resource Center in Kings Beach was vandalized by a suspect or suspects who pulled clothing from the donation box and scattered it around the property, threw chairs around and pulled boards from the fence, according to the reporting party. No arrests were made.
– On the 500 block of National Avenue an unknown suspect entered an unlocked vehicle and stole $500 worth of power tools.
– Suspects spray painted graffiti on a fence at Lake Forest Glen. No arrests were made.
– On the 3100 block of North Lake Boulevard, a vehicle was stopped on suspicion of crossing the double yellow line multiple times, according to sheriff’s office reports. The driver showed signs of intoxication, according to authorities. The California Highway Patrol responded and conducted a drunken driving evaluation before arresting the driver on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
– An unknown suspect used a victim’s access card information to make a $2,006.25 purchase at Northstar at Tahoe. No arrest was made.
– On the 5300 block of West Lake Boulevard, an unknown suspect stole 10 wet suits and one dry suit valued at $590 from a Homewood storage unit belonging to the Tahoe City Public Utility District. No arrest was made.