North Tahoe Middle School: Mummies, pyramids and sarcophagi, Oh my!
March 16, 2010
School’s sixth grade transformed their cafeteria into an Ancient Egyptian Museum and showed off their creations to peers and parents Feb. 25.
and#8220;A Day in Egypt,and#8221; which was previously an annual event, was re-introduced this year by sixth grade teachers Kelley Ogilvy, Lisa McCready and Tara House. and#8220;When the teachers who used to do the Egyptian Museum either retired or changed positions, the program went by the wayside for a few years,and#8221; said Ogilvy, who explained that a social studies unit was taught the weeks prior while the students worked on their projects at home. and#8220;We hope to continue this and make it an annual event again,and#8221; she added.
and#8212; Provided by Switchback PR + Marketing on behalf of the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work