OBITUARY: Bennett, Amelia Sarah
August 14, 2003
Amelia Sarah Bennett passed away at her home at the Truckee Senior Center Aug. 10. She was 73. Born Nov. 11, 1929 in South River, New Jersey, Sally, as she was known to her friends, moved to the North Tahoe-Truckee area 17 years ago, from Southern California.
She had worked as a nurses’ aide at the Downey Hospital in Downey, Calif. She is survived by her sons, Robert and Dennis Bennett, both of Truckee, and she was a beloved grandmother to her grand children Joshua and Jennifer Bennett. Joshua lives in Carnelian Bay, and Jennifer now lives in Rocklin.
No services will be held at this time. Memorial contributions may be sent to the American Heart Assn., Golden Empire Chapter, P.O. Box 160126, Sacramento, CA 95816-0126.
Arrangements are being handled by the Truckee-Tahoe Mortuary.
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Yosemite National Park route closed after fatal fire
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe