Obituary: H. Clayton Whitmarsh, 75, remembered
April 2, 2009
H. Clayton Whitmarsh, 75, went home to be with the Lord on March 27, 2009, in Truckee after a hard-fought battle with lymphoma. Born in Modesto, Calif., Clayton moved to Santa Rosa, Calif. from Miranda, Calif., in 1963. After retiring from the U.S. Postal Service in 1989, he moved to Kings Beach where he enjoyed skiing, snowmobiling and traveling.
Clayton was treasurer of the North Lake Tahoe Snow Travelers Club for many years. He was a fantastic friend and snowmobiler.
He was a loving husband and devoted father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Renee; his daughter, Pam Muhly; and son-in-law, Jerry of Rohnert Park, Calif.; son, Michael Whitmarsh; and daughter-in-law, Lynn of Port Orchard, Wash., son, Philip Whitmarsh of Aloha, Ore.; three grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, sisters Margie Robinson and Marilyn Springer, nieces and nephews.
Memorial gifts in memory of Clayton may be given to the Tahoe Forest Hospital in appreciation of the wonderful, loving care he received there.
Trending In: Opinion
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley