Opinion: I support the new Diamond Peak Master Plan direction
July 8, 2015
I recently read the report prepared by the Diamond Peak Master Plan Steering committee.
When the Diamond Peak Master plan was presented last year, I was quite skeptical for several reasons. I was not in favor of the Alpine Coaster and felt the money proposed to renovate Snowflake Lodge was a bad investment.
The committee in my opinion has done a good job addressing these issues, and by suggesting implementing the plan slowly to see if the summer venues pay off, I now support the plan.
I must say, however, I was deeply distressed and disappointed that the Trustees voted to keep the money allocated to pay off previous bonds, rather than lowering the rec fee.
I am not against spending money to improve our lovely village, but each project should be vetted individually; the money should not go into the general manager's slush fund. Any money spent on Diamond Peak should come from the bond money.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe