Opinion: Latest Jim Clark column exemplifies America’s political problem
June 1, 2016
I was depressed upon reading Jim Clark's column in the May 26th issue of the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, "How can Trump pillory Hillary?"
The article was devoted to the subject of how Donald Trump could denigrate Hillary Clinton. I am not a Hillary supporter. If you recall, during the Clinton presidency, there was some issue regarding a client file missing from the Arkansas law firm where she had worked. My recollection is that she ultimately found the file somewhere in the residence area of the White House. How did the file get from the law firm to the White House so Hillary could find it?
However, Jim Clark's article exemplifies for me the current problem with the political parties. The article outlines how Donald Trump can denigrate his opponent, rather than explaining to we ordinary citizens precisely what Jim Clark thinks Donald Trump might do to improve the nation for the benefit of its citizens.
Trending In: Opinion
- Rolf Godon: Jessica Morse right choice to represent California’s 4th District
- Kevin Drake: Vote Mourelatos for North Tahoe PUD
- John Merryfield: A more compassionate world begins with you
- Steve Batie: Calling all compassionate, thoughtful and patriotic Republicans
- Law Review: Mandalay Bay sues shooting victims
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- Colorado ultrarunners shatter Tahoe 200 course records
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Land requested by Incline Village General Improvement District dropped from Washoe County lands bill