Opinion: Reasons why Truckee is the greatest town ever
June 1, 2016
I have said it many times, but Truckee is the best town, in the best state, in the best country in the known world! Examples:
1. After 21 years at Tahoe Forest Hospital, my wife, Carol, tore a rotator cuff and was forced to retire because of the surgery and recovery time. Her fellow nurses, and Pastor Mike and the congregation of Tahoe Forest Church, proceeded to supply our family with many great dinners these last few weeks. You have no idea how much that has been appreciated (my best meal is take out!).
2. After attending a Truckee High School baseball game in Sparks with my granddaughter, on the way home on Hwy 80 in Reno under the Virginia Street overpass, the car in front of us hit a piece of metal, which flew up and hit our front driver's side tire, totally puncturing it. We managed to pull over, only for me to discover I did not have my AAA card with me. So we proceeded to change the tire. We were having trouble with one lug nut, when Gary Grosjean (who I know from mutual involvement in Truckee Little League) pulled up behind us and blocked traffic. He had been behind us (coming from same game). With his help, we got the balky lug nut off and got the tire changed! What a good neighbor!
3. The next morning, I went to Stone's Tire, fully expecting to have to put on four new tires (although wanting to wait until next fall), when Bob Stone told me he thought he could find a used tire for now. A couple of hours later, Bob called and said he had a tire. I went over, and he had it installed and would not accept payment. This (as my father used to say) is the value of doing business with reliable local businesses. Needless to say, I do now, and always will, all my tire business with Bob.
Thank you Truckee!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing