Opinion: The Happiest Place on Earth — Incline Beach
June 17, 2015
Well, maybe for some, but not so much for others.
I went down to Incline Beach recently to ask a quick question about punch cards, and I witnessed one of Incline's finest giving the lady at the kiosk grief about his punch card.
He went from joking with her about his "good-looking son" to adopting an aggressive manner with her in about 10 seconds. I was thinking, while I watched him, "how can he can so upset, in such a beautiful place?"
I guess, for this Incline resident, the saying, "no matter where you go, there you are" applies.
I plan to be extra nice to the kiosk workers this season. Let's enjoy this beautiful place every single day. We are SO unbelievably lucky.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- BREAKING NEWS: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)