Opinion: Time to take a stand against IVGID
November 4, 2015
I want to second Judith Miller's ideas as expressed in a recent column, "IVGID's financials are simply not sustainable."
It's time for IVCB property owners to stand up to the IVGID Board and General Manager and demand that they stop subsidizing venues that are losing money and are not widely used by residents.
This can start with insisting that IVGID stop all plans for any updates to the Diamond Peak Master Plan until a full accounting of recent and projected expenses and revenues for golf courses, the tennis center, the recreation center, the ski resort and beaches are presented.
Property owners have a right to know what venues are losing money, how much money, and a right to decide whether to allow them to continue such losses indefinitely.
Please try to show up at IVGID meetings at let the Board know that continued fiscal irresponsibility will not be tolerated and that board members will not receive your votes in future elections unless they start acting responsibly.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl