Opinion: Truckee River Legacy Trail is for everyone to enjoy
April 4, 2017
In this era of mis/dis-information, I have to take exception to the March 27 Sierra Sun letter to the editor, "High-speed bikers making Truckee River Legacy Trail unsafe," about bicyclists on the Legacy Trail.
Even the most elite bicyclists cannot attain speeds to which the author alludes (30-45 mph) — they don't live here!
I am a bicyclist. This is what I encounter: dogs off lease, not under voice command; strollers three abreast, not paying attention to anyone; joggers with earphones who can't hear anyone announcing their presence; and folks out enjoying the beauty, the magnificence of where we live who are respectful of others using this wonderful trail.
The Legacy Trail is for all — be kind, not misinformed.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats