Opinion: Truckee’s new brand logo is underwhelming
May 26, 2016
After reading the article, "Truckee chamber unveils brand identity, tagline and logo for the town," on the new Logo and Brand Identity positioning statement for the Town of Truckee, I had to hold my breath.
I get the tagline — "Base Camp for a Big Life" — but the Logo is underwhelming at the most. I don't see what a simple looking "T" on a shield has anything to do with what Truckee really offers. It doesn't convey anything about our history, mountains and lakes, rough and tumble past, today's great resorts, or the non-stop adventure available for all, from mild to wild.
We compete for business and tourist dollars on a local, national and international level. Sorry, but I don't think this logo is on par with the rest of the world. Maybe drop the big "T" and put some graphic mountains with a lake above the word Truckee.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall