Opinion: Vehemently opposed to Martis Valley West
June 14, 2016
I have lived on the North Shore of Tahoe since 1971. I came here because sports are easily accessible and the air is clean and cool. I love our lake. I love being able to look at it every day. Life here is very special. We can hike, bike, ski, run, walk outside and smell the air.
I am vehemently opposed to the Martis Valley West Project. I feel that the developers that come to this area do not understand or care why we live here. Their interest is to make money, at whatever cost.
I live here because it's a small community. Yet we have all of the necessities and more. It's easy to travel from one of our small towns to the other. I live in Cedar Flat but don't mind driving to Incline to the tennis center. I don't mind driving to Truckee for doctor appointments. I don't mind driving to Tahoe City for shopping. The drives are beautiful and peaceful. I love the fact that when I'm out and about around town I see people I know.
The thought of 760 homes is mind boggling. The negative impact on our communities will change life as we know it here at our beautiful lake.
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat