Placer sheriffs office reaches out to community
October 23, 2006
The Placer County Sheriffs Office will host its first community event tonight in an effort to reach out to residents and business owners. I just thought it would be neat for the community to meet their law enforcement, said Community Services Officer Kristen Mann.Mann said she organized the first Cops and Coffee event for residents and business owners to have an open forum discussion with their law enforcement. Other similar informal meetings will be held periodically, depending on community desire, she said, and others, like the North Tahoe Fire Protection District, could be added to the event in the future as well.In addition to Mann, law enforcement officials who will attend include Captain Karl Fulenwider, Lt. John Addoms, Communications Supervisor Kelly Hernandez and sergeants. Cops and Coffee will allow citizens to ask questions or just visit with your local law enforcement agency, Mann said. This event will help us get to know our residents and businesses better and to give them a direct connection with the sheriffs office.Mann said it is not mandatory to stay the entire time and coffee will be available.
Trending In: Opinion
- Rolf Godon: Jessica Morse right choice to represent California’s 4th District
- Kevin Drake: Vote Mourelatos for North Tahoe PUD
- John Merryfield: A more compassionate world begins with you
- Steve Batie: Calling all compassionate, thoughtful and patriotic Republicans
- Why should we care about America’s homeless problem?