April 27, 2006
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from April 18 to April 25.
– At an unspecified time on Larch Street a woman contacted Truckee police to report that someone had used her debit card to make purchases from a company in Tokyo, Japan. She learned of the theft when her credit card company contacted her to see if her purchases were legitimate.
– At 6:30 p.m. on Pioneer Trail Truckee police were contacted by a reporting party whose vehicle had been left with keys in the ignition in the company parking lot. The lot’s gates were not working, and an unknown suspect entered the property and stole the vehicle.
– At 8:30 p.m. on Estates Drive a victim stated the neighbor living downstairs had slapped her in the face when she confronted the neighbor about parking a vehicle in her parking spot.
Recommended Stories For You
– At 7:35 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard police received reports of a suspicious vehicle parked in a condo complex. The vehicle was located and the driver was found to be inside and reportedly under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 8 a.m. on Riverview Court Truckee police were contacted for a welfare check on an elderly woman who the reporting party feels is being abused by her caretaker.
– At 12:40 p.m. on Deerfield Drive two unknown suspects broke a window out of a display case.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Commercial Row an officer witnessed a two-vehicle collision. Neither parties were injured and an information report was taken.
– At 11:55 p.m. on Brockway Road at Martis Valley Road an officer was driving westbound when he saw a man stumbling down the middle of the eastbound lane. The subject was stopped and found to be intoxicated and unable to properly care for himself. The subject was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and booked.
– At 8:10 a.m. the California Highway Patrol advised Truckee police to be on the lookout for a particular vehicle that had apparently been involved in a hit-and-run accident in Nevada. Truckee police located the vehicle on Donner Pass Road and stopped the vehicle. CHP then arrived and reportedly arrested the driver.
– At 4:25 on Donner Pass Road the manager of the 7-Eleven called to report a theft which occurred approximately six hours prior to the report.
– At 11:10 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Donner Memorial State Park a driver was stopped for a broken taillight. The driver admitted to being in possession of a fake California driver’s license used to purchase alcohol illegally. The driver was also found to be in possession of marijuana. The driver was arrested, cited and released.
– At 1:20 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80 at Donner Gate a driver was stopped for weaving. The driver displayed objective symptoms of alcohol intoxication and was subsequently arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 4:30 a.m. on Torrey Pine Road a neighbor reported hearing a subject walking down the road yelling obscenities. Around the same time, an officer in the area was contacting a victim who reported being threatened by a different unknown subject. The subject was yelling at the victim to turn off his lights of the subject would shoot them out. Both subjects were found and contacted. One ran into his house and the second subject was detained on the back deck of the residence. The other subject was later detained and bother were arrested for making criminal threats.
– At 8:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road unknown suspects forced open several mailboxes apparently removed all the mail.
– At midnight on Estates Drive unknown suspects removed a registration sticker from a parked vehicle and appeared to have siphoned gas from the tank.
– At noon on Brockway Road new graffiti was found at the skate park.
– At 12:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a suspect entered a local bank and attempted to pass a counterfeit check. The bank teller phoned police and the suspect was interviewed and arrested on suspicion of attempting to pass a fictitious check.
– At 9:15 p.m. on West River Street officers responded to a subject breaking items and yelling inside and out of an apartment. The subject was arrested for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
– At 4:40 a.m. on Estates Drive a victim reported that she was contacted many times in the early morning hours with threatening phone calls. The victim did not know who the suspect was.
Trending In: Opinion
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter