Prescription drug take back event the featured topic on ‘Truckee Talks’
October 18, 2011
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Safe, environmentally friendly and anonymous prescription drug disposal is the topic on Truckee Talks.
Guest host and Nevada County Supervisor Ted Owens will interview community volunteer Dianne Hilly and Glen Harelson from Placer and Nevada Counties. They are volunteering with Future Without Drug Dependence, an organization created to reduce substance abuse. One of the primary sources for prescription drugs that are abused is household medicine cabinets.
This show began its two-week run Sunday, Oct. 16. Suddenlink cable subscribers can view Truckee Talks on channel 6 on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday evenings at 6 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 9 a.m.
For more information or to volunteer on Truckee Talks, please contact the TTCTV studio 530-582-1194 or visit http://www.ttctv.org.
An event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 29 in both Tahoe City and Truckee for locals to safely dispose of their unused, unwanted or expired prescriptions including veterinarian pharmaceuticals. From 9 a.m.-1 p.m. residents can drop their prescription drugs at either the Tahoe City Firehouse, or the Truckee office of the Nevada County Sheriff.
– Submitted to email@example.com
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit