Readers Write: Account for your service
October 14, 2008
Mr. Otis Wollan,
After 20 years as our representative on the Placer County Water Agency board of directors, I challenge you to account for your service in public debate.
I am a 30 year resident of District 5, your area. The water crisis facing us is not new. We are faced with catastrophic wildfire, but what have you done to assist the installation of needed fire hydrants. Wells are going dry all around us, but what have you done to bring water to desperate neighborhoods. Your own community is faced with a serious wastewater crisis; and at the suggestion that Placer County Water Agency be enlisted to help, you tell them in effect to buzz off.
Our voters deserve a chance to hear us debate the issues. Please contact me so that we can arrange appropriate times and places that will best serve our constituents.
Trending In: Opinion
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration