Readers Write: Blocking free speech
October 14, 2008
When I see the campaign signs of Tom McClintock purposefully placed directly in front of the signs of his opponent for 4th Congressional District, Charlie Brown, in numerous locations around town, I gather the following information about his supporters:
1. They flout common rules of polite discourse, civility, and courtesy.
2. They approve of blocking the free speech of those with whom they disagree.
3. They believe that deceit and guile are necessary for their candidate to prevail.
I want nothing to do with these attitudes. I will vote for Charlie Brown for U.S. Congress.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Grocery stores back on table for Truckee Town Council
- Truckee Town Council looks to restore McIver Dairy property