Readers Write: Committed to touching lives
September 29, 2008
Since 1985 our little school has committed itself to touching the lives of young children by encouraging imagination, curiosity and promoting literacy. In 1999 we began a Community outreach program…Read to Me…along with Truckee Rotary. In the last 10 years we have also received ed financial support from TTCF and Soroptimist. We have been able to distribute hundreds of book bags and thousands of books to families of young children in our community.
By encouraging parents to read to their children and value literature in their lives we know that they will enjoy a richer, fuller life.
Last year we also began giving a book to each child receiving a kindergarten physical and kindergarten dental exam. Thank you to North Lake Pediatrics, Dr. Leslie Joseph and Dr. Kyle Adams and Dr. Chris Arth for supporting this program.
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move