Readers Write: Good Energy
August 21, 2008
In our 4th Congressional District, candidate for Congress Charlie Brown’s energy policy is a sound approach to solving our energy crisis.
His six-point plan starts off with advocating a government crash program to move America towards energy independence in seven years, by developing renewable resources and clean energy alternatives.
Col. Brown’s plan includes opening up the strategic petroleum reserves to take the pressure off gas prices. Brown is for drilling on the federal oil-lease lands not used now. He advocates building new, well-located refineries.
Charlie will close the oil companies’ tax loopholes, and fund development of 21st-century clean renewable energy sources, such as solar power, electric and fuel cell car engines, and biomass fuels.
His opponent, Tom McClintock’s idea to drill, and drill only. Famed oilman T. Boone Pickens has stated on national television that “we can’t drill our way out of this problem.”
The choice is clear: a recycled career political opportunist, or a Colonel with a distinguished career now ready to serve and represent you in Congress, fighting to assure that America has the energy to stay strong.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee