Readers Write: Johnston for TDPUD
October 6, 2008
Major changes are needed in the way we consume energy ” either to meet our household budgets ” or for broader goals of limiting our carbon footprint. That’s why I’m glad to see the PUD opening up to greater community input, taking conservation seriously, and providing incentives for us to invest in energy-saving devices. In the hope that the next board will build on this progress, I am supporting Bob Johnston’s candidacy.
Bob has served in numerous volunteer roles for our community. For the past four years he has served on both the planning commission and the affordable housing work group. Bob is always well prepared, well informed, willing to meet with all sides on the issues, and thoughtful about his decisions. He brought great expertise to the citizen-based fight against the proposed 50-year coal power contract. Bob brings the state-wide contacts and technical expertise needed to help the PUD increase our use of renewable energy and find ways to help us all save energy and save money. Please join me in voting for Bob Johnston for PUD!
Trending In: Opinion
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke