Readers Write: Offensive and in poor taste
October 6, 2008
This is an open letter to the No on U Campaign.
OK, people, listen up: I am currently undecided about how I will vote on Measure U. So far, I have read some goods points on both sides of this issue. I intend to study the measure and make the best decision I can.
However, if the No on U Campaign is trying to convince me to vote against the measure, the “FU” sign that one of your compadres has placed on Glenshire Drive is the wrong way to go about it. This sign is offensive and in poor taste. It is exactly this kind of crass behavior that needs to be excised from politics in this country.
If anything, that sign stands a good likelihood of convincing me to vote Yes on U ” because whoever made it would clearly benefit from some additional education.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020