Readers Write: Reverberation
July 8, 2008
The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board (majority) decision to send the experts and majority of the community, after years of extraordinary investment, back to the drawing board on the Core Improvement project’s traffic configuration goes far beyond and deeper than the many variations of disbelief expressed.
The governing board has circumvented a process. The board has sent a message to those on the drawing board, in the pipeline or even remotely considering investment in our communities. The risk is too great. This decision will reverberate for a very long time. We will pay a price far beyond today’s disappointment in leadership dismissal of responsibility and reason.
Again, as our neighboring communities plan, invest and prosper, we continue to fail to go forward in our renewal efforts.
Again, lets pick ourselves up and continue the mission.
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move