Readers Write: Unfair voting laws
October 14, 2008
Whether you support Measure U or not, one must ask the following questions: Why can people who don’t own parcels of land get to vote to increase the taxes of those who do? What would keep an individual who is renting from voting yes? After all, if you can vote in additional expenditures that you don’t have to pay for, why not?
Wouldn’t it be more equitable if everyone shared the burden? Why not a sales tax increase?
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra