Readers Write: Unfair voting laws
October 14, 2008
Whether you support Measure U or not, one must ask the following questions: Why can people who don’t own parcels of land get to vote to increase the taxes of those who do? What would keep an individual who is renting from voting yes? After all, if you can vote in additional expenditures that you don’t have to pay for, why not?
Wouldn’t it be more equitable if everyone shared the burden? Why not a sales tax increase?
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)