Register now for food safety class offered in Truckee Oct. 21
October 15, 2010
TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; Nevada County has approximately 675 food operators. State law requires facilities with food preparation to have at least one employee or owner complete a certified food safety class every five (5) years. In the past, food facilities had to drive out-of-county to take the food certification class and test. Nevada County Environmental Health Dept. (NCDEH) received several requests from local area restaurant owners to provide the class in Nevada County to eliminate the travel time and allow a greater opportunity to send more employees.
NCDEH has developed and now provides the class locally and at a reduced cost compared to outside trainers.
The class is $90 and is given about four times/year in Nevada City and two times a year in Truckee to residents of Nevada County. The next Truckee class is Oct. 21 at the Truckee Sanitation District board room, 12304 Joerger Drive. Registration is 7:45-8 a.m. with class 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Interested participants should call the Environmental Health Deptartment at 530-470-2795 for a registration form.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats