Registration has opened for this yearand#8217;s Auburn Ski Cluband#8217;s youth cross country ski programs
November 2, 2010
TAHOE/TRUCKEE and#8212; The Auburn Ski Club is a nonprofit organization based out of its own lodge and cross country ski trails next to Boreal Mountain Resort.-
The Club offers popular Saturday morning programs geared to getting children excited about cross country skiing and being outdoors.
The Super Slider program (ages 4-12) meets 11 a.m. Saturdays December through March costs just $125 (plus family Club membership).-
Children are grouped by age and ability, are lead by parent coaches and participate in fun on-snow activities during the two hour session 10:30 am.-12:30 p.m.
The Sonic Race Team is for ages 9 and up provides top level coaching for children who want to ski better, maybe race and prepare for the middle school ski team in the future. Meets most Saturdays December through March and costs $200 (plus family Club membership).-
Joining your children in the programs also includes free cross country ski season passes for the whole family at Auburn Ski Cluband#8217;s trail system (on Donner Summit); five free night lift tickets to Boreal (mid-week non holiday) and access to a youth cross country ski, boot and pole lease program starting at just $45 for the season. Alpine and snowboarding programs are also offered.
Recommended Stories For You
To learn more speak with representatives at the Truckee Ski Swap, Truckee Community Recreation Center, Saturday, Nov. 6, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., visit http://www.auburnskiclub.org or call 530-426-3313, ext. 103 for more details.
and#8212; Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)