Rotary Youth Exchange ski event
February 2, 2010
The Rotary Club of Tahoe City again hosted foreign high school exchange students staying with Rotary families throughout Northern California and Nevada for four days of skiing and socializing beginning Tuesday, Jan. 26.
Students from 20 countries around the world (Korea, Thailand, France Austria, Brazil, for example) stayed with local Rotarians and sampled the hospitality of our local communities.
With the generous help of Granlibakken and Homewood Mountain Resort, the students and their chaperones enjoyed days exploring local resorts and the beauty of Tahoe and evenings filled with dinners and fellowship.
According to Meredith Rosenberg, the organizer of the event: and#8220;It is so rewarding to see young people from all corners of the world being exposed for the first time to the beauty of Tahoe and our winter experience. They go back to their families and countries sharing their rich experience and their new-found friendships.and#8221;
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week